Healthera operates a leading UK healthcare marketplace that provides patients with medicines, healthcare services and products through the largest digital platform of pharmacies and GPs, including national chains and independent providers. The company cooperates with over 1000 pharmacies and GPs and services more than 100,000 patients on a daily basis. Company’s objective is to transform the way healthcare is provided in the UK, from prescriptions to personalized clinical services.
The Obstacles They Faced
Due to dynamic growth of the business the client had a need to develop a data analytics solution which would ensure data driven decision making across their company.
The integral requirement, which we were called to implement for this software, was the integration with Tableau Cloud, enterprise-grade solution on the world’s #1 analytics platform.
How We Helped
Our DevOps team developed and implemented a consistent solution’s architecture based on a scalable cloud data warehouse (AWS Redshift); and then established the integration of the whole system with the external data analytics platform (Tableau Cloud).
As the business is constantly extending, the client has a rapidly growing demand for a customized, flexible, and easy-to-use data analytics solution. The solution is going to provide and sustain data driven decision making across the client’s company as well as ensure analytics availability and proficiency. The data-driven influence on decision making processes is aimed to improve the end-user experience on the marketplace and increase customers’ engagement.
Healthera needed a data analytics software that among other things unequivocally had to match the following requirements:
- be built around scalable and highly-available data warehouse
- be integrated with Tableau Cloud (cloud data analytics platform)
Solution Delivered by Romexsoft
To accomplish these requirements and develop the solution according to the client’s needs, we came up with the following strategic decisions to implement in the project:
Use AWS Redshift as the platform’s foundational data warehouse
Redshift is particularly designed and optimized to store and access much larger data sets than traditional write-optimized data bases. This can be up to 128 TB per node, potentially reaching petabytes of data in a cluster. Therefore, Redshift is much more efficient at loading large volumes of data less frequently.
To ensure Tableau integration we launched Windows based EC2 instances in a public subnet with Tableau Bridge desktop client. Data is uploaded into S3 bucket in JSON format from external MongoDB Atlas service. S3 bucket is used as a datasource for Redshift.
Adopt IaC (infrastructure as code) approach to
- automate AWS resource management
- speed up and automate cloud provisioning
- reuse code blocks in multiple infrastructures
Cloud infrastructure for this solution is launched on Terraform – an infrastructure as code tool that allows to create, update, and version Amazon Web Services infrastructure. The main reason for using IaC approach is to ensure consistent infrastructure as well as the ability to replicate it in multiple client’s environments (Dev, Stagging (UAT), Production).
AWS Data Analytics with Redshift and Tableu Cloud for Healthcare Marketplace Architecture Diagram
What We Achieved Together
- ensuring data-driven decision making for the client’s organization based on the advanced understanding of their customers behavior
- ability to explore unobvious dependencies via data visualization in the solution
- increased revenue due to precise data analysis on customer behavior and unveiling unobvious dependencies via data visualization in the solution
- improved business relationships due to understanding of the company’s performance and the analysis on how the performance can be improved
- easy to run & scalable solution for data processing and analytics without the need to set up and manage data warehouse infrastructure
- strong security compliance for the sensitive data: the comprehensive security capabilities of the solution’s database is able to satisfy the high demanding requirements of the industry and provide the needed level of data protection
Verified by AWS
This case study is validated by AWS. Experts and professional auditors from AWS reviewed this case study and verified that we, Romexsoft, have built a functional infrastructure and efficient cloud solution.
It showcases the value that Romexsoft, being a certified AWS Consulting Partner, delivers cloud solutions according to AWS standards and best practices.
Check out Romexsoft’s profile at AWS Partner Network.
Romexsoft is an AWS-certified Consulting Partner, trusted Software Development Company and Managed Service Provider, founded in 2004. We help customer-centric companies build, run, and optimize their cloud systems on AWS with creative, elegant, and cost-efficient solutions.
Our key values
- Delivery of quality solutions
- Customer satisfaction
- Long-term partnership
We have successfully delivered 100+ projects and have a proven track record in FinTech, HealthCare, AdTech, and Media industries.
Romexsoft possesses a 5-star rating on Clutch due to its strong expertise, responsiveness, and commitment. 60% of our clients have been working with us for over 4 years.
Recent Success Stories
AWS DevOps Services for Online Marketplace PaaS | Customer Case Study | Ecommerce
Software Development Services for FinTech Company | Customer Case Study | FinTech
DevOps Services for Tech-based Gifting Marketplace | Customer Case Study | E-commerce
Let’s Talk about Your Business Needs!