Uptick Stocks is a US-based FinTech company that helps its users to get a streamlined stock market experience.
The Uptick Stocks mobile application uses real-time stock market data and in a form of a game educates its users on how to trade stocks and gain the highest profit in a set period of time with no risk for their real budget.
The Obstacles They Faced
Uptick Stocks was seeking a trusted vendor to help them build a mobile application they envisioned and make it reliable, scalable, and top-performing.
How We Helped
Our dedicated development team analyzed client’s functional requirements, clarified the envisioned idea of the app, and prepared the well-structured architecture for the implementation of the app’s front- and back-end. The front-end is based on Flutter and the back-end is based on Serverless solutions.
The team consists of 7 developers of Lead, Senior, and Middle levels who help the client expand their development capabilities and decrease TCO. We ensure the team’s commitment and stable performance with a fine-tuned delivery framework.
Uptick Stocks’s primary challenges were:
- build a mobile application that would have a custom, efficient, reliable, and secure architecture;
- integrate real-time stock markets prices stream.
Amazon Web Services Utilized:
- AWS AppSync, which offers real-time data updates and off-line client data store, enabled our team to easily develop GraphQL APIs by handling the heavy lifting and securely accessing data sources.
- AWS Lambda allowed us to maintain events integration and manage runtimes, without provisioning or managing servers, and helped to cut costs and save time.
- Amazon ElastiCache for Redis, which is a highly available and reliable fast in-memory data store, helped our team to ensure real-time delivery of leaderboard data.
- Amazon Cognito, which lets to add sign-up and sign-in with social identity providers, enabled our team to implement the OAuth authentication.
- Amazon DynamoDB, being a fully managed serverless database that was successfully integrated by our team, allows to store a big volume of data and easily add new information or retrieve the existing information at any scale.
- AWS CDK enabled us to make the development process faster, more customizable, and shareable.
Solution Delivered by Romexsoft
In order to start application development, we built architecture diagrams, defined technologies, frameworks & libraries that had to be used, and determined the team composition as well as the requirements to the engineers that had to be involved. We set up the SDLC according to the defined phases and made sure the development team meets quality constraints.
The dedicated development team builds the back-end of the application on Serverless solutions, that are easy to provision and optimize, and the front-end on Flutter. The Flutter toolkit gives a possibility to build beautiful and natively compiled applications with expressive and flexible UI. Our managed team is working on both: integrating the API from Uptick Stocks’s cloud-based service and building the UI based on wireframes presented in Figma.
The project development is run in an agile manner with SCRUM methodology. The development is broken into 2-weeks iterations, each with well-defined goals and deliverable results. Frequent communication between developers and the client helps track progress, assures smooth flow, and enables to iron out all details. Romexsoft performs day-to-day team management as well as ensures that all SDLC phases defined during the discovery are carried out properly.
Uptick Stocks AWS Serverless Architecture Diagram
What We Achieved Together
- We helped Uptick Stocks scale up faster and be more cost-effective, as well as decreased application’s time-to-market and increased time-to-profit.
- Our team built architecture for real-time data ingestion and performed users’ portfolio statistics calculation which allowed us to develop such important features as trading scenarios, detailed analytics, stocks trends review, etc.
- With the help of AWS services, we ensured the app’s responsiveness, resilience, high scalability, and security.
- Our Managed Team is highly flexible to changes in the road map in case there is such a business need which allows Uptick Stocks to swiftly react to the new market trends.
Romexsoft is an AWS-certified Consulting Partner, trusted Software Development Company and Managed Service Provider, founded in 2004. We help customer-centric companies build, run, and optimize their cloud systems on AWS with creative, elegant, and cost-efficient solutions.
Our key values
- Delivery of high-quality software solutions
- Customer satisfaction
- Employee satisfaction
- Long-term partnership
We have successfully delivered 100+ projects and have a proven track record in FinTech, HealthCare, AdTech, and Media industries.
Romexsoft possesses a 5-star rating on Clutch due to its strong expertise, responsiveness, and commitment. 60% of our clients have been working with us for over 4 years.
Recent Success Stories
Staff Augmentation | Customer Case Study | AdTech
Managed Team | Customer Case Study | HealthCare
DevOps Support Services | Customer Case Study | HealthCare